Illinois Small Business Development Center
The Illinois Small Business Development Center at Shawnee Community College provides one-on-one confidential business guidance, training and other resources to start-up and/or expanding small businesses.
- One-on-one confidential business advice and management assistance.
- Assistance with the development of business plans.
- Help with accessing market information and the development of marketing plans.
- Assistance with accessing business financing programs including conventional bank loans and low-interest loan programs.
- Assistance with financial analysis and planning.
- Access to business education and training opportunities.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Candy Eastwood at the IL Small Business Development Center at Shawnee Community College at 618 634 3231 or email email@example.com.
Union County CEO
The Union County CEO (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities) Program is based on the successful program in Effingham, Illinois. The CEO program:
- Is funded by business investors
- Is open to high school juniors and seniors
- Selects students through a rigorous application process
- Serves students from public and private high schools
- Meets for 90 minutes each day
- Provides 2 high school credits
- Utilizes area businesses as classrooms
- Visits dozens of area businesses each year
- Hosts 50-60 guest speakers each year
- Emphasizes 21st century Learning skills
- Provides the opportunity for each student to start their own business
- Provides a mentor from the business community for each CEO student
- Hosts an annual trade show to showcase student businesses